Gary Vaynerchuk builds businesses. Fresh out of college he took his family wine business and grew it from a $3M to a $60M business in just five years. Now he runs VaynerMedia, one of the world’s hottest digital agencies. Along the way he became a prolific angel investor and venture capitalist, investing in companies like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Uber, and Birchbox before eventually co-founding VaynerRSE, a $25M angel fund.
Gary also currently hosts The #AskGaryVee Show, a way of providing as much value as possible by taking questions about social media, entrepreneurship, startups, and family businesses and giving his answers based on a lifetime of building successful, multi-million dollar companies. The show is also available as a podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, and SoundCloud.
A Few Steps Ahead:
- Don’t be crippled by trying to quantify success -- use all the tools at your disposal -- try to be four to five years ahead of everyone else
Technology and Innovation:
- The company’s of now will be done in eight years if they refuse to adapt and change -- to grow you have to ask dumb questions grounded in the future of business
- Every business has a story to tell -- don’t disrespect social channels -- they are a living and breathing channel of communication
- We live in an ever-changing transparent world -- if you're company’s in the yellow-pages or newspaper because you're afraid of social -- then an opportunity will be missed
- People will follow the story -- communicate the story -- humanise it -- where is the personality
Give or Push:
- Old fashioned rules -- you have to become a giving business through social channels -- before you ask and receive
- A good value-proposition shows your consumer the value they will receive
How best to connect with Gary: