Kathy Caprino, M.A. is an international career, executive and leadership coach, writer, speaker and trainer dedicated to the advancement of women in business. She is a former corporate Vice President, trained marriage and family therapist, seasoned coach and the author of Breakdown, Breakthrough. Kathy is also the Founder of Ellia Communications, Inc., a premier career coaching and consulting firm which offers career and leadership development programs including the Amazing Career Project online course, her Finding Brave podcast, and the Amazing Career Certification training for coaches. Kathy is a leading contributor on Forbes, Thrive Global and LinkedIn, a TEDx and keynote speaker, and a top media source on careers, leadership, and women’s issues.
For more info, visit kathycaprino.com and connect with Kathy on Twitter, FB, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
What you will learn from this episode:
- How career crisis after career crisis led Kathy to realize she urgently needed a change, and how she realized her focus and passion was to help professional women
- Why professional expectations and attitude expectations differ between men and women, and why women
- Kathy shares insights from her interview with Susan Sobbott, President of American Express OPEN, on how men and women need different things to succeed in business
- How Kathy defines “power gaps” and why many women struggle to speak about how they stand out and what their special skills and talents are
- Kathy defines her seven power gaps and explains why each is a problem that many women in business experience
- Why it is important to recognize your talents and abilities that you are uniquely good at, rather than being modest
- Why scary experiences are an opportunity to grow and strengthen yourself and should be embraced rather than avoided
- Why the blocks and challenges you experience now are often a result of past trauma that you experienced at an earlier point in your life