Named Trust Across America 2018 Top Thought Leader in Trust, Anne Bahr Thompson has been inspiring business leaders to use their brands as a force for change for many years. With more than 25 years of experience as a global brand strategist, Anne is the author of DO GOOD, which explains her pioneering model of Brand Citizenship® and the cultural dynamics that led to the creation of the model.
A former executive director of strategy and planning and the head of consulting at Interbrand, Anne is the founder of Onesixtyfourth, a creative and strategic consultancy that helps that leaders integrate purpose and social responsibility into their brands, business strategy, and corporate culture.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What has been happening for Anne since her previous appearance on Onward Nation in episode #709
- Why Anne has firmly focused her thought leadership around the specific area of brand citizenship
- How Anne spent seven years on semi-sabbatical while writing her book, due to the research time involved
- How Anne’s dedication to brand citizenship started when she was nine years old and questioning the decisions of others
- Why authenticity and aligning your values with your brand are an important component of brand citizenship
- Why it’s important to have everyone in your organization working toward the same purpose and goals
- Why basing your choices solely on profitability can cause more problems than they solve
- Why Anne defines success as having the ability to contribute your unique gifts to the world and those you serve
- How clearly defining your purpose can resonate throughout your organization and guide your operating principles
- What advice Anne would share about overcoming your fears and standing up for your beliefs