Angela Ficken is a psychotherapist in Boston. She began her career as a senior clinical social worker at McLean Hospital and was a primary therapist for college students at Harvard University before moving into private practice. Angela’s primary interests are working with young adults who have OCD, eating disorders, and anxiety-related concerns. She is also a contributor to the HuffingtonPost.com.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- What OCD is and how it manifests itself
- How Angela uses her online calendar to help her stay organized & tackle her daily priorities
- The value of asking yourself the question “What’s next?
- How Angela uses reflection as a coping strategy
- How having a good, healthy coping strategy can help business owners thrive today
- The importance of having a life outside of the office
- Examples of healthy coping skills to use when you’re feeling stressed
- The best advice that Angela received from one of her mentors
- Surrounding yourself with people who will both challenge you & have your back
How to best connect with Angela: